Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Things about Mexico #6

And I must preface this to say, bathroom-selfies are one of my least favorite things. However, for this post I found one to be more so appropriate.


El Papel (del baño). The Toilet Paper.

This one is actually pretty significant. (Though, like the others, it hasn't taken too long to adjust to.)
So, when you're done with your T.P., where does it go?
(Um... in the toilet?)
Ha! No. See that little trash can next to the toilet? That's where it goes.
And when the basket starts to fill, take out the trash.

(A quick story. I walked into a public bathroom and saw the toilet was clogged because there was paper in it. "Ah, gringos," I sighed. Someone was obviously visiting and didn't know any better...)

And with that, another little note: If you need to use a public bathroom...
Bring your own paper.
Otherwise, you can buy a few squares from the kind person sitting outside the bathroom who knows you didn't come prepared. : )

1 comment:

  1. Lainie,

    Ah.... the toilet paper adjustment.... Yes, I remember our family trip to Baja. We brought the travel packs of Dollar Tree tissues so we'd be prepared. They were a blessing. I'm glad you have adjusted well.

    Love & miss you,
    xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete