Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Things about Mexico #7

Las puertas. (The doors.)

The inside doors are "normal" (and I put that in quotes, as "normal" is ENTIRELY subjective, especially in this case).
So, by that I mean, the doors  to rooms within the house have the standard knob/ handle that I am accustom to in the United States.
It is the big, outside doors here that are tricky. (These are the ones that close the garage-patio. They are much heavier, and the handles look like this...)


You pull the handle to the side, and then push. (More or less.) A lot of the times you also need the key. (Otherwise, you might be locked IN!) It took me a little longer to get a grasp on this. (Longer than the T.P. adjustment, that is.) And my first experience using the house keys ALL BY MYSELF resulted in much confusion, and I sat on the banqueta (sidewalk) until the friendly vecina (neighbor) walked by and helped me. She was very kind.

1 comment:

  1. Lainie,

    The lock looks like a puzzle to me. I am not surprised you were locked out. What a blessing that a friendly neighbor could be of help! God continues to watch over you. Hallelujah!

    Love you lots & miss you tons,
    xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete