Sunday, October 5, 2014

Things about Mexico #1.

In light of the previous post (Honesty.), it may be helpful to remember the following:

There are a TON of new things here.
Great things. Different things. Just a lot of new things. (And so much to learn!)
That makes it hard.

But, actually, the transition is going pretty great.
(Which is a win in itself! JWI/ Hume Lake folks, do you remember how I handled transitions while I was with you?! This here is a mark of visible growth. Thanks, Jesus!)

And all these words to say, I'd like to start sharing some "new things" with you.
Entonces (so), "Things about Mexico #1":




Los zapatos, por favor. (The shoes, please.)
We wear shoes here.
(Which is a funny statement, because I was told there is a stereotype that Americans-- or at least Oregonians and Californians-- don't ever wear shoes. Okay. Semi-true, right?)
But let me be more specific: we wear shoes here in the houses.
And that may not be "new" for you, depending on your familial habits or living situation.
It is definitely new for me.
At my home in Oregon we take our shoes off at the door. We even have a sign saying so.
(Oooh! Have you ever noticed it? Take a look next time...)
So here, we wear shoes : ).
(And I think it has something to do with the fact there isn't carpet in the houses...)

1 comment:

  1. Lainie,

    I so love the pix of your colorful sox and Birks!

    Thanks for the lesson. I had no idea shoes were worn in Mexico homes. Without carpet though, it does make sense. Just remember when you come home, you will need to leave the shoes at the door. Oh.... transitions, transitions, transitions!

    Love you so much & miss you tons,
    xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete